To quit smoking is one of the hardest things to do; however, it is one of the most beneficial steps you can take to better your health. The “Just Stop!” quit smoking with acupuncture program is another integrated approach exclusive to Care Wellness Center.
The “Just Stop!” program utilizes Laser Acupuncture Light Therapy, Herbal Supplementation and Homeopathy to help reduce stress, cravings and irritability. This quit smoking program goes a step further by also helping to remove harmful toxins known to build in the blood, tissue and cells through habitual use of tobacco products. This can help you stop smoking not only short term but avoids longer term side effects related to smoking.
We start by stimulating specific acupuncture points on the body that are associated with cravings. The use of light triggers an endorphin and serotonin release that effectively and naturally calms the body, reducing stress and the irritability many patients experience during the first 72 hours of being smoke-free. The herbal supplement and homeopathy continue to help diminish and manage stress and cravings while also pushing the toxins that trigger the cravings out of body.
If you are a smoker, then surely you are already aware of the danger that you are putting yourself in every time you have a cigarette. Heart disease and cancer are the most hazardous effects of smoking, but there is a slew of other conditions that effect smokers on a daily basis. We won’t rehash these detrimental effects here, but we will explain how quitting smoking adds years to your life:
- Within 20 minutes after you smoke that last cigarette, your body begins a series of changes that continue for years
- 12 hours after quitting, carbon monoxide levels in your blood drops to normal
- After 24 hours, your lungs begin to clear out accumulated mucous and tar. Your pulse rate and blood pressure begin to lower
- After 48 hours, your sense of smell and taste begin to improve as nicotine is eliminated from your body
- After 72 hours, your bronchial tubes begin to relax, making breathing easier and Lung capacity increases
- After 2 to 12 weeks, circulation improves, making walking and physical activity easier
- After 2 weeks to 3 months, your heart attack risk begins to drop, and your lung function begins to improve
- One to 9 months after quitting, coughing and sinus congestion decreases. Lung function improves, shortness of breath decreases, energy level increases
- 1 year after quitting, your added risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smokers
- 10 years after quitting, your lung cancer death rate is about half that of a smoker. Your risks of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas decreases
- 15 years after quitting, your risk of coronary heart disease and lung cancer is back to that of someone who has never smoked
We understand that quitting smoking can be more difficult and more intense in cravings than those of a habitual heroin user. We are proud to offer the “Just Stop!” program and believe it is one of the best, most successful and easiest ways to quit smoking.
IMPORTANT! People considering this quit smoking program should be committed to quitting and improving their long-term quality of life.
Make an appointment with Dr. Cheryl Yelverton today and get started on our successful quit smoking program! We’ve successfully treated numerous patients over the years, and we are confident that we can help you succeed too!
Our number is 954-586-8088. We provide the most powerful and effective Stop Smoking program for the residents of Margate, Coral Springs, Coconut Creek and Pompano Beach Florida.