Care Wellness Center boasts one of the most experienced and successful acupuncturists in South Florida specializing in acupuncture for IVF, IUI and Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) support. Robert Herbst AP, DOM, Dipl. OM is a compassionate fertility specialist with an impressive success rate treating infertility, both female and male, as well as providing IVF, IUI and FET support for those undergoing ART procedures. He has worked with the leading reproductive endocrinologists and fertility centers not only in South Florida, but nationwide, for more than 15 years providing specialty care for those couples seeking to have families.
If you are having difficulty conceiving, or if you are working with a reproductive endocrinologist, you owe it to yourself to learn how acupuncture and herbal medicine can greatly increase your chances of conception. Read some of his reviews regarding IVF support
Take a look at some of the research supporting Acupuncture and IVF support …
A landmark study published in the medical journal Fertility and Sterility, entitled “Influence of Acupuncture on the Pregnancy Rate in Patients who Undergo Assisted Reproduction Therapy” (Vol. 77, April 2002, 721-724) found that acupuncture dramatically improved the chances of becoming pregnant when used in conjunction with other assisted reproductive techniques such as IUI or IVF.
Researchers from Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York published the “The Ways Acupuncture Can Boost Fertility” (prevention.com 2002). The study concluded that acupuncture for infertility helps to:
- Increase blood flow to the uterus, which improves the chances of an ovum implanting on the uterine wall.
- Reduces anxiety, stress and the hormones that are secreted during stressful situations that can significantly decrease fertility.
- Normalizes hormone and endocrine systems that regulate ovulation, especially in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Regulates the menstrual cycle.
Another study in Fertility and Sterility tested changes to stress hormones, specifically cortisol and prolactin levels, with the use of acupuncture for fertility. The researchers found that women who had acupuncture showed beneficial changes to the levels of stress hormones compared to the control group, who did not have acupuncture.
This has implications for both egg quality and implantation.
In addition, the pregnancy and live birth rates were significantly higher in the acupuncture group. (Magarelli, PC, D Cridennda, M Cohen. Fertil Steril 2009 in press Fertility and Sterility)
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine can raise the fertility potential for women by affecting the quality, quantity, balance and flow of energy and blood.
This is good news for women with diminished ovarian reserve and low AMH levels.
When energy and blood are abundant and circulating freely throughout the body, every cell, tissue and organ is properly nourished and functioning, including the ovaries! When this occurs a women’s health and fertility are improved.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine or TCM, infertility is caused by an imbalance in energy and blood affecting one or more organ systems and meridians.
- The kidney system determines our genetic makeup and stores essence. Essence is produced by the genetic material we receive from our parents combined with that of the nutrient rich foods we eat. Essence acts to nourish our organs and can transform into energy. It there by regulates reproduction and female hormones.
- The spleen and pancreatic system involve the processes of metabolism. It functions to transform nutrients into blood and has a direct effect on the thyroid. Blood production has a fundamental connection with reproduction due its nourishing ability.
- The liver system acts to facilitate the free flow of blood and energy. It acts to metabolize hormones and its blood reservoir provides blood for menstruation. The liver is also responsible for the emotional flux associated with menstruation.
Acupuncture and herbal medicine provide a safe, effective, drug-free and natural approach to treating infertility and enjoying a healthy pregnancy. Here are a few reasons to try acupuncture for fertility:
- An acupuncturist does not just treat symptoms and signs, but instead activates the body’s natural healing ability. It focuses on treating the root causes that have led to the problem or disease.
- It is completely natural; no drugs are ever used, and this means side effects are rare.
- In conjunction with other assisted reproductive therapies, acupuncture can increase the overall effectiveness.
- It also acts as a form of preventive medicine, targeting the potential imbalances before they manifest into real problems.
- With some 5000 years of history, it has withstood the test of time and modern medicine is only recently beginning to uncover why and how it works.
In addition, according to the World Health Organization, acupuncture has the ability to relieve labor pain, nausea, vomiting, and induces and decreases duration of labor. There is also strong evidence that acupuncture can help with breech birth.
If you’re preparing for IVF, IUI or a Frozen Embryo Transfer let us help you Succeed!
We have helped countless women and couples across the globe achieve their goals of creating a family and we are highly confident that we can help you too. Call us today at 954-586-8088 to get started! The sooner you begin treatment, the more we can help increase your odds of success.
Care Wellness Center proudly serves the South Florida communities of Margate, Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Parkland, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, Lighthouse Point and Tamarac Florida. Read a few of our patient testimonials