Relaxing Massage and Gentle Acupuncture for residents of
Margate, Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Pompano Beach
When most people think of stress, they think of emotional stress that causes us to feel overwhelmed. Almost everyone today has stress and why some people deal with stress better than others is not completely understood. What is clear, however, is that all of us deal with it differently.
Stress Management is an issue that we take very seriously at CARE Wellness center because it affects the health and well-being of each and every one of our patients. We have designed acupuncture, massage therapy, and nutritional programs to help address stress in order to reduce the amounts we experience on a daily basis.
Stress comes in three major categories: environmental, physical, and emotional.
1. Environmental stresses are pollutants in the air and water, additives and chemicals found in the food supply, and chemicals found in the environments all around us that we are all exposed to every day. Examples of these chemicals are things such as vapors from new carpets and paints, dry cleaning fluids which are absorbed by our skin from newly cleaned clothes, cleaning chemicals used in our homes, etc.
2. Physical stresses are considered trauma such as slip and fall accidents, automobile accidents, sports injuries, or work injuries. Over use injuries such as working around the house, cleaning out the garage, lifting heavy boxes and the like are also considered physical stress.
3. Emotional stresses are the everyday annoyances we each face; financial difficulties, moving, job changes, traveling, traffic, illness either of a loved one, or yourself, or death of a loved one. Stress causes many different types of illness such as hypertension, gastrointestinal problems such as IBS, colitis and heartburn, sleep disorders, eating disorders, muscle spasms, and tension headaches, just to name a few. Stress should never be left untreated as it will produce chemical and hormonal changes in the body that can lead to serious illness.
At CARE Wellness Center we address the symptoms of stress in three ways:
- Our clinical nutritionists teach you how to eat healthier and boost your immune system to facilitate stress reduction. Learn more...
- Our licensed massage therapists can relax your muscles, ease your tension, and help melt away the stress of everyday living. They can also correct postural imbalances which pull on muscles making them sore and painful. Learn more...
- Acupuncture treatment is also widely known to be a great de-stressor, calming the mind and easing tension and anxiety. Our acupuncturists have specially designed programs that greatly reduce tension and stress. Learn more...
Patients leave our facility feeling calm, relaxed and rejuvenated, ready to take on the world once again! We can help you to cope with the effects of stress on your body so that stress doesn't get the best of you. You owe it to yourself to take advantage of our programs.
Please call us for a free consultation at 954-586-8088. Our wellness center is located in the Peppertree Plaza in Margate and we proudly serve the surrounding communities of Coral Springs, Coconut Creek and Pompano Beach as well.